Bohol Island is one of the premier island destinations within the Philippines that draw in a large number of tourists and visitors. Good thing that you could choose to fly from Manila straight to Bohol or fly to Cebu and make fast craft to Bohol and spend only two hours of sea travel. Once there you’ll be able to contact many travel tour operator and only pay 60 dollars for the some day Bohol countryside tour within the usual tourist favorites after which spend the opposite days lounging inside a tropical haven, get a tan, have a spa and enjoy the ultimate vacation.
Bohol, this little island inside middle of Visayas is known across the world for the geologic natural wonder, the Chocolate Hills and is particularly the place to find our planet’s smallest primate the Tarsier while offering great spots for diving and snorkeling.
There are approximately 1200+ little hills that dot the Bohol countryside within the capital of scotland – Carmen. These hills are incredibly lush and covered with vegetation during the rainy season which dries up through the summer forgetting brownish hill mounts that are like little chocolate kisses, hence the origin from the reputation for Chocolate Hills. This amazing natural wonder can best certain you’re seen inside the Chocolate Hills complex that you must climb 214 steps to the top level with an expansive view with the almost uniform hills. Entrance on the complex is under 2 dollars.
The very famous Tarsiers that’s reported to be George Lucas’ inspiration for that character of Master Yoda in his Star Wars series can be found in Bohol. These nocturnal animals are seen as the smallest primate in the world. You do not have to seek them of their natural habitat in the jungles and mountains of Bohol because you’ll be able to see many of these tarsiers in RioVerde Tarsier Place and it is possible to also take pictures of such very cute animals provided that you do not use any flashes together with your camera and you also keep quiet while you explore the area for they are easily disturb and may also be agitated. Entrance on the Rioverde center costs nothing.
And another tourism draw to Bohol is its pristine pristine sand beaches in Panglao. There are two beach strips that travel vacationer frequent, Alona beach and Dumaluan beach. The beach strip in Alona is much more alive in comparison to Dumaluan and highly recommended for individuals who need to party the night away with the presence of hotels and restaurants that gives buffet dinner for only about 11 dollars per person, these restaurants are next to the shorelines so it is possible to hear and discover the waves while you enjoy your meal and also listen on the live acoustic singers or bands the restaurants add in just as one added attraction to guests.
However, Dumaluan beach strip is longer than that relating to Alona if you want relaxation and want to be from the throngs of tourists you’ll undoubtedly like Dumaluan more. When it comes to hotels in which to stay dont worry as there are plenty of hotels in Panglao whether in Alona or Dumaluan however, you really have to have prior reservation as Panglao Island in Bohol can be another favorite destination of locals.
Island hopping can be another favorite activity of Bohol visitors. For under 40 dollars you are able to embark on a complete day island hopping tour and have the possibility to see dolphins frolicking in the clear waters of Panglao. You can arrange your island hopping tour via your hotel or with all the many travel tour shops you’ll be able to find nearby the beaches. The tour will usually bring you on the best spot to snorkel or dive within the small islet of Pamilacan, Cabilao and Balicasag. It’s really a definite underwater paradise then one you should not miss while in Bohol.
Bohol’s other charm is it’s slow pace life whilst still being rural vibe. If you result from big cities then you would love the uniqueness of this little island province.
Bohol is the 10th largest island in the Philippines with a land part of 4,117.3 square kilometers including things like Bohol Island and 75 minor islands, located inside the Visayas (Region VII). Famous places surround the wonderful island of Bohol. We have Cebu for the West, Island of Leyte towards the northeast and Mindanao for the South throughout the Bohol Sea.
A large amount of foreign tourists and in many cases Filipino excursionists consider this place as being a number one vacation spot for its natural taste of nature. Mother Earth have gifted this place with plenty of natural treasures that would surely make Bohol an eye fixed catcher. Here are some of the natural scenic spots.
1. Chocolates Hills – This Mountain of limestone formation is one from the most favored tourist spot here in Bohol. It turns brown during summer thus having it named as “Chocolate Hills”. Accommodations are available on top of these hills with restaurants and view deck that features a full take on our planet class spectacle.
2. The Tarsier Trail – Tarsier called the “world’s smallest monkey” also viewed as the second-smallest primate on Earth is indigenous here in Bohol. You may also possess the possibility to interact these rare species. The tarsier trails will even send you to places and you’ll discover flowers and other unique flora that is rich in this place.
3. Baclayon Church – This is one with the oldest church in the Philippines situated in the oldest town in Bohol which may be the Town of Baclayon. The interior and exterior design in the church was still preserved amidst centuries of existence. Some interesting relics can nonetheless be found around the church dating back to from the 16th century. A lot of people take pictures on this historic and remarkable place.
4. Loboc River – Nothing might be more relaxing than the usual cruise at the Loboc River starting either through the town’s Poblacion or on the Loay Bridge. The cruise is manufactured possible by the motorized banca popularly called the floating-restaurants. Same with normal restaurants it has chairs and tables with great delicacies with bands playing music mostly jazz and blues style music but with a unique mix of Mother Nature. The buffets begin right after the cruise initiate. The trip is about an hour that can result in a magnificent landscape the “Busay falls”. After some time of gazing, the return trip starts.
With these scenic spots, your holiday would surely be fun and memorable. Bohol won’t just offer breathtaking spots but in addition places for some interesting activities that one could engage you with your stay in this place. Here are some of the activities.
1. Scuba Diving – This activity might be best enjoyed in Panglao which is popular for the diving locations. Trips can be manage to some of the famous diving sites on the Alona Beach. The popular diving sites listed here are the Doljo Beach, Napaling and Puntod that happen to be known to be deep with strong currents.
2. Whale and Dolphin Watching Tour – The Bohol Sea is often a haven not less than 11 types of dolphins and whales some of such wonderful creatures would be the spinner dolphins as well as the popular sperm whales. The tour provides you with a possiblity to go dolphin and whale watching in the waters of Bohol Sea.
3. Eco-Adventure in Danao – An exciting experience awaits you at Danao Eco Adventure tour wherein you can experience cave trekking, rappelling, kayaking, root climbing, zip lining and other extreme activities.
With all of such on your own watch list, a week vacation on Bohol would surely be one with the best choice that you’ll ever make in your entire life. Surely a highly spent vacation awaits yourself this promising and magnificent place.